If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly searching for new music. 2016 is off to a great start with some rockin’ music from our favorite country names, as well as some new faces. Here are some new country songs to add to your playlist:
- Leaving Nashville, Charles Kelley: This song sums up the love-hate relationship most people have with the music industry. It is hauntingly beautiful and so real. The Lady Antebellum front man has put out some amazing tracks in the past few months, but this one is definitely my #1. Check out this one take version: http://vevo.ly/WHjDiv.
- Parachute, Chris Stapleton: Chris Stapleton is HOT right now. If you haven’t listened to his album Traveller yet, do yourself a favor and take a listen. “Parachute” is one of my favorites and great introduction into who Stapleton is as an artist.
- Blue Tacoma, Russell Dickerson: I first heard of Russell Dickerson when I was working at CMA Fest in the summer of 2015. His single “Yours” tore up radio and introduced him to the country music world. “Blue Tacoma,” a song off of his recently released EP, Yours, is Dickerson’s own version of a classic summer-style country love song. Good luck trying to get this one out of your head.
- 21 Summer, Brothers Osborne: Brothers Osborne released their much-anticipated album, Pawn Shop, in January. It includes their hits “Stay A Little Longer” and “Rum,” along with nine other songs that are sure to take them to #1. “21 Summer” has a bluesy, nostalgic feel that makes you want to roll your windows down and belt it out.
- Mayday, Cam: I can’t get enough of Cam, which is why she has more than one song on this playlist. After the release of “Down This Road” and “Burning House” last year, Cam solidified her place in country music. Her full-length album is stock full of even more passionate and go-lucky tracks. Mayday, which is her newest single, has a unique sound and insanely catchy lyrics. If you’re new to Cam, this is definitely one to check out.
- Letters to Ghosts, Lucie Silvas: Lucie is one to watch out for. This song combines some sounds of bluegrass instruments, gospel chorus, and classic country. This girl is still flying under the radar, but not for long.
- I Wish I Was, Maren Morris: Maren Morris crashed onto the country music scene with her single, “My Church.” Riding on the success of that single, Maren released an EP with more songs in her unique style. “I Wish I Was” is a powerful ballad that introduces a new side of this Texas girl’s voice and musical style.
What are your favorite country songs right now? Let us know on Twitter @MusicFromtheRow